Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The project Promoting Access to Integrated GBV Services to Conflict Affected Communities in Borno State is a 8-month project (November 2022 – June 2023) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Bama LGA of Borno state.
- The project targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Bama with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age.
- The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents.
- Provide technical assistance in terms of accounting (use of Excel, QuickBooks), financial management, financial policy formulation, and systems of internal control to ensure compliance in terms with donor rules and regulations.
- Review budgets and provide assistance and guidance.
- Explain donor requirements and organizational financial policy & procedures to staff and ensure compliance.
- Facilitate timely funds advance request and liquidation.
- Ensure submission of timely and accurate accounting and financial reports to program manager.
- Monitor burn rate and offer timely advice to programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
- Monitor and track finance related performance measurement indicators and implement strategies to improve performance.
- Prepare and review on a monthly basis, donor-specific bank reconciliation statements and receipts/deposits reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of financial reports based on donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports.
- Ensure that partners used the standard financial reporting templates and formats for their reports.
- Prepare and populate the projects expenditure tracker.
- Ensure that filing of travel advances, per diem calculations and travel reconciliation forms are reviewed;
- Ensure that all travel and purchase advances are processed on time.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the supervisor.
Technical Expertise, Skills And Knowledge
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in donor funds grants management.
- Fluency in local language and English required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Provides good and adequate support to enable programs to meet its agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] include your name and position you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disregarded.