Our client is a team of economists, property economists and valuers who provide the critical inputs needed to carry out land use and strategic planning, infrastructure, and development planning. The advice informs investment and policy decisions by a range of private and public sector clients. They work with investors and developers, planning authorities, delivery agencies and policy makers to shape cities and regions mostly across NSW, VIC and ACT.
They work for a range of both public and private sector clients, helping to solve a range of property, land use and development related issues nationally. Projects vary from reviewing property portfolios, testing planning controls and policy settings, providing feasibility advice and compulsory acquisition/compensation work. Many projects require development of the economic justification for major development, land use and staging. You will also gather market intelligence for employment land strategies and housing strategies, provide economic input into urban revitalisation projects and more. As you will work across a range of projects, no two problems that you face will be the same. Key to their success is their ability to firstly understand the problem and then develop innovative approaches to finding a solution. Equally critical, is the ability to articulate findings and develop a narrative which can be used as the basis for clients’ long-term decision making and investment strategies.
Whilst operating at a high level is required, we are seeking someone who can grow into the role, and so not expecting the “fully finished article”, but rather seeking someone with the aptitude and passion to make the role their own.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2-4 years’ experience working in a consulting environment.
- Strong understanding of the property and development industry so tertiary qualifications in either Property Economics or Valuation.
- An ability to challenge the norm and apply blue-sky thinking. The role requires a person to have the intelligence to work on ‘non-standard’ projects where they will need to develop bespoke strategies to generate a solution and have the awareness to identify competing issues and counter-arguments.
- Be comfortable working in a numerically based role and with data on a day-to-day basis (using both Excel and Estate Master – although previous Estate Master experience isn’t mandatory).
- Strong communication skills that will enable them to establish and maintain trust of a broad client stakeholder group in decision-making processes.
- Excellent report writing skills to factually set out information and explain in lay terms what may be a highly technical subject matter for decision makers to understand and be confident writing non-templated reports.
- Be personable with the ability to develop professional networks and nurture client relationships.
- Able to self-organise, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Our client would be especially interested in talking to either Valuers (not necessarily certified) or Property Research professionals who are likely to have the above skills, but potentially be feeling stifled in their current role. GIS mapping capabilities would be advantageous to the role.
Please contact Kirsten Ellis on 0416 238 020 quoting reference number 889 or email [email protected]
Not the right job for you?
Connect with me on LinkedIn to stay in touch about future opportunities:
Kirsten Ellis | LinkedIn