The Driver will provide safe transport services to all passengers by following all safety regulations. The role will follow a pre-set schedule and must prepare ahead of travel to ensure maximum traveling efficiency. The role will also ensure the vehicle’s documents are renewed, and the assigned vehicle is well-maintained and in good condition.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage driving and vehicle maintenance.
- Provide driving services to staff and other passengers between locations as scheduled.
- Conduct daily vehicle checks for correct levels of fuel, motor oil, tire pressure, brakes, and water levels before driving.
- Maintain mileage logbook and schedule regular maintenance service.
- Keep vehicle documentation, including vehicle registration, insurance, road tax, parking fees, and road licenses, up to date.
- Maintain assigned vehicle clean and tidy, suitable for professional use.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle always has a first aid kit and spare parts.
- Undertake journeys to and/or from vendors, suppliers, and banks as requested.
- Report any incidents promptly to the assigned supervisor and authorities according to existing operating procedures. eDBrnw5 BIpnb
- Perform minor maintenance as necessary.
- At least 5 Years of prior driving experience.
- High school certificate or vocational school diploma.
- Hold a valid license and clean driving record.
- Previous driving experience in navigating difficult terrains.
- Previous training in providing first aid is preferred.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the Northern Ghana region is preferred.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- An understanding of and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of Opportunity International.
Written and verbal fluency in English, additional 1 or 2 local languages preferred.
- Role will be 100% travel based
- Must be able to travel within all regions of Northern Ghana
ABOUT OPPORTUNITY INTERNATIONAL
Opportunity International is a global non-profit that has been empowering people to work their way out of poverty for over 50 years. Last year, Opportunity provided 18.7 million families with innovative financial resources, training, and support to grow their small businesses and send their children to school. Opportunity and its partners released $2 billion in capital across 30 countries and helped fund 8,400 schools that reached 2 million children.
Learn more about our company by visiting our website: https://opportunity.org/
Opportunity EduFinance is a nimble, fast-moving, and rapidly expanding core function of Opportunity International’s global footprint. EduFinance aims to get more children into better-quality schools. It does this by increasing access to capital for affordable private schools and parents and boosting the capacity of school leaders and teachers in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC). It does this in over 28 countries and is growing rapidly.