Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Technical Services
Requisition ID: 2022201892
Job type: Full Time
Supervisor: Country Director
- The Director, Technical Services will report to the Country Director and will be responsible for managing and leading the provision of high level high-level technical assistance and dynamic data use for systems strengthening and adaptive program management across multiple FHI 360 projects in Nigeria.
- S/he will lead direct project-wide deployment of total quality leadership and accountability (TQLA) for the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded grant and work closely with the Principal Investigator and other project directors to support GoN leaders to adopt enhanced project management approaches that will lead to a strengthened health system. S/he will provide mentorship to project staff and a team of senior project staff to ensure program quality and strong local capacity development towards sustainability.
- S/he will provide technical expertise and leadership for the design and implementation of the technical program areas of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support, paediatric care and treatment, PMTCT, CT, TB/HIV, OVC and support programs for FHI 360 in Nigeria. S/he will ensure that high quality technical programs are implemented in a timely manner and in coordination and collaboration with partners, the GON and other stakeholders.
- S/he will also provide technical assistance through the review and/or writing of protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- or MS/MA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 7 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, Global Fund, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- First-hand knowledge of the Nigerian health system, stakeholders and actors with demonstrated ability to critically appraise situations and design strategic interventions.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing HIV/AIDS care and support projects in developing countries.
- Sound knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support, as well as HIV prevention.
- Proven skills in management, supervision and leadership.
- Familiarity with the scientific literature on HIV/AIDS and with research on public health issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online