mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African Primary Health Care organisation that employs women living with HIV as community health workers across 10 African nations. These “Mentor Mothers” deliver integrated health services at clinics and in communities to ensure everyone, everywhere has access to the services they need to be healthy and stay in care. Over the next five years, this proven, peer-led model is being scaled up to double down on ending HIV, as well as to tackle new health challenges and reach more people—all with the aim of building a fairer, healthier future. The employment of local women as community health workers means that we are delivering a model that prioritises healthcare for families who need it most, delivered by women who know them best.
- Company: mothers2mothers (m2m)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
Since its creation in 2001, m2m has created jobs for nearly 12,000 women living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa and, together, they have reached over 15M people with critical health services and education. In 2021, m2m reached over 1.6M people across 10 African nations, including 402,616 adolescents (ages 10-19)—51% more than the year before. m2m also advanced the Global Goals of ending HIV/AIDS by 2030—by achieving virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV among its enrolled clients for the eighth consecutive year, and meeting all of the ambitious UNAIDS Fast-Track Targets among its clients four years ahead of the 2026 target date. For more information, visit www.m2m.org.
Data Capturer (3 Month Fixed Term)
Provide data capturing service to the Ghana Team.
Key Performance Areas:
• Create spreadsheets to track important community-level activities on a monthly basis
• Follow up on hard copy data from site coordinators and transfer data from hard copy to the digital Google sheet
• Sort and organize hard copies of paperwork after entering data electronically.
• Verify data together with the Strategic Information Officer once data is entered and make any necessary changes to records
• Finalize and share summaries of data entered to the strategic Information Officer on a monthly basis.
• SI officer will develop pivot tables based on data entered
• Support with the school-based CEO forum with Executive Women Network (EWN)
• Assist with special projects that require large amounts of data entry
• Document lessons learned and support creative writing
• Maintain filling system to ensure secure and organized storage of site reporting forms and other related M&E documents
• Coordinate the supply, production and distribution of printed M&E tools for all m2m sites in Ghana
• Assist the Programme Team as needed including; running reports of data used to make decisions
• Provide occasional administrative support and any other assigned duties as needed by the team
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Social Sciences or any Statistical field
• Minimum of 1-year data capturing experience
• Basic admin and computer skills
• Statistical software experience I.e. MS Access and Excel would be advantageous
• Basic filing experience
• Fluency in English
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Possess good analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to meet reporting deadlines
• Ability to work independently, under pressure and have sensible judgment
• Make a positive contribution to the overall performance of the program team
Method of Application
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 16 September, 2023
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.