The associate assuming this role will be liaising with regional procurement to create purchase requests to be converted to orders for required materials and services and records of orders approximately kept. The individual will support supply planning activities for Ghana. The role will be responsible for customer order management and processing of billing. The role will provide logistics support as well as support the base manager in continuous improvement projects in the warehouse. Responsibilities also include processing incoming customer returns & helping maintain inventory accuracy of raw materials and finished goods. This individual must be capable of multi-tasking several priorities at one time, with a focus on defined KPI’s (key performance indicators). The individual will be responsible for safe work practices in the warehouse such compliance with chemical hazard segregation, following the red list requirements, compliance with life critical policies, load integrity requirements, and all safety procedures towards achieving Goal Zero. The associate will ensure all internal, supplier and customer quality complaints are reported in a timely manner for investigation and resolution.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow safety policies to provide a safe workplace for all employees, and supports the guiding principles of Goal Zero to continually improve the plant’s safety, health and environmental performance, security, and efforts to respond to public concerns relating to design, development, manufacture, storage, marketing, distribution, use and ultimate safe disposal of chemical products. Drive culture of safety; Report safety observations / incidents
- Supports and is committed to the Quality Improvement Process. Plans strategies to ensure error-free work by “doing it right the first time” and conveys this attitude in the daily performance of various duties, in our drive continuous improvement.
- Creates purchase requisitions and follow MEA purchasing policies to buy services and indirect materials for the Ghana plant.
- Create chemical purchase orders following an approved request and manage the order tracker
- Process customer (sales) orders and process billing to the customer ensuring 100% data accuracy
- Collating and assisting to analyze plant performance data and posting plant analytics and KPIs while maintaining historical data.
- Maintaining proper records of files from all inbound, outbound, and other transactional records for regulatory purposes
- Assist to troubleshoot problems occurring in inventory transactions and correct them.
- Conduct visitor site inductions and maintain proper records of it.
- Performs ERP System daily and monthly housekeeping (both sales and purchase orders cleanup).
- Responsible for inbound and outbound logistics
- Provide support for cycle counts and participate in full physical counts
- Liaison for onsite PTW, ensure the red list is updated and followed and all life critical policies are adhered to including securing loads.
KEY BEHAVIOURS / COMPETENCIES
- Anticipate customer’s business needs and recommend improvements and innovation plans.
- Highly analytical and problem solving
- Exhibit proficiency in supply chain analytics
- Complete and stay current with all CBT requirements.
- Participate in relevant classroom-based training as available.
- Team player skills and highly collaborative
Minimum Education And Experience
- Experience in logistics, warehousing, inventory, and auditing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Logistics and Transportation, or a related field
- Effective problem solving and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP software.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Word skills. Must be able to create excel sheets to analyze data and be able to create professional and impactful PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong and effective communication, interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills, demonstrating traits such as persuasiveness, negotiation skills, conflict management and resolution techniques.
- A flexible working approach with the ability to respond to ad-hoc and unexpected issues, effectively.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work with good judgement
- Strong organization, sense of urgency, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.