Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. Join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Vail Resorts is the leading mountain resort operator in the world, with 41 ski areas including iconic resorts such as Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham in Australia as well as Park City, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb and Vail in North America. Working across our three Australian resorts, this role offers the flexibility to work onsite at one of three beautiful Australian destination ski resorts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Communications, this role is responsible for developing and executing internal communications to engage employees across all levels of the enterprise, as well as managing our suite of internal content tools. The successful applicant will also support the implementation of external communications strategies to promote our resorts.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Lead the creation of an internal weekly newsletter for staff, including content creation, article writing and liaising with departments to source news items
- Manage the content calendar for internal and external communications
- Write engaging media releases and articles
- Coordinate media monitoring and social listening reporting and distribution
- Create internal communications plans for corporate communications
- Update online media kits with current imagery and content daily
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Three to five years of experience in an internal communications role with a keenness to develop their skills in external communications
- Demonstrated writing ability and a high level of attention to detail
- An ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds with maturity and confidence, as well as discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Be a high-output, high-quality content creator who is methodical, organised and a take-charge project manager who can collaborate with people at all levels of the business to design communication solutions to fit their needs
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
We can assist with sourcing local accommodation for the successful candidate if required.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected]
Applications close 10th March 2024 or sooner if the right candidate is found!
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.