Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Category: Mining / Petroleum
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 27 Nov-2023
• To plan/engineer and co-ordinate the ventilation requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plans and Ghana Mining Regulations, ensuring AGAG provides an occupational environment which is conducive to good health, safety and productivity (through anticipation, monitoring, recognition, evaluation and control of factors that may cause adverse or dangerous conditions).
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Accountable for the implementation, communication and enforcement of all environmental legal compliance for the department.
• Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
• Investigate, respond and take measures to prevent actual/ potential environmental incidents in the areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for continuous environmental improvement in the areas of work.
• Demonstrate Environmental Leadership by supporting team members and other managers to achieve their environmental objective and requirements.
• Contribute to the environmental training of all subordinates within the department/section.
• Develop functional ventilation processes for implementation and progress tracking including the:
• Establishment of suitable systems and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient implementation of the ventilation/occupational hygiene strategies and programs.
• Develop local capability, including specific succession plans (in conjunction with the MoR) to ensure the health of the ventilation department.
• Design and model (LOM) ventilation options in support of (LOM) mining plan (using Ventsim Visual)
• Manage ventilation projects (including shafts, raise-bore primary fan construction/refurbishment, Return Airway stripping, etc.) to optimise development of the Obuasi Mine envisaged in P300.
• Optimise short term, medium and long term ventilation plans that ensure delivery of budget requirements and operations strategy.
• Develop full mine ventilation production plan, capital and operating costs for the LOM and for the annual budget.
• Develop ventilation budget to align with MTS (LOM) plan including strategic intent, mine design, infrastructure specifications, production schedules, financial models, identified risks and issues.
• Develop ventilation capital proposals in support of MTS goals, including the business case for each investment for recommended capital projects arising from studies.
• Manage the integrated delivery of work by the Ventilation function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, cost and related KPIs.
• Provide the systems, resources and expertise to develop the Ventilation team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority.
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Ventilation function.
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Exco, Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, CARO etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
• Certificate in Mine Environment Control.
• A post graduate certificate in Management/Management practice would be a strong asset.
• A minimum of ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of relevant ventilation engineering experience in underground mining environment with some exposure in occupational hygiene
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Chief Ventilation Engineer.
• Capable of analysing and interpreting ventilation data and the requisite ventilation methods for different stoping techniques.
• Capable of analysing and interpreting data on environmental stressors.
• Capable of developing ventilation design criteria to support safe and optimal mine operations.
• Capable of developing ventilation standard operating procedures.
• Capable to carry out aero, thermo & contaminant modelling and interpret results.
• A high level of computer literacy with specialised ventilation and mining software such as Ventism, Vuma, Studio 5D/Surpac, Autocad etc.
• A good understanding on blasting time and blasting scheduling.
• Experience in Ventilation functional Management
• Blasting Certificate of Competency
• Mine Rescue Certificate of Competency
• Shift Boss Certificate of Competency
Method Of Application
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 27 November, 2023