Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Worker
Location: Bama, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The project Promoting Access to Integrated GBV Services to Conflict Affected Communities in Borno State is a 8-month project (November 2022 – June 2023) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Bama LGA of Borno state.
- The project targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Bama with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age.
- The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors where appropriate and conduct follow- up to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor.
- Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Officer for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct an analysis of trends of GBV incidences and related information on a quarterly basis and present report to the GBV Officer for advocacy and program future program
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month.
Requirements & Competencies
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, NCE or OND qualification with at least 2 years work experience.
- Hausa and English languages required; Kanuri language be must
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Previous training / experience in GBV programming an asset
- Comfortable in living and working in Jere and Monguno.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] include your name and position you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disregarded.