Join our vibrant WHSmith Support Office team and embark on an exciting journey as a Buyers Assistant (Admin) specialising in the Drinks Category!
- Unlock a promising entry point to a career in Buying.
- Immerse yourself in a specialised role within the dynamic drinks category.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home on 2 days per week (Thursday & Friday).
WHSmith is a historic British retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and we are proud to bring our expertise to our Australian operations. Our stores are located in some of the busiest and most exciting airports in the country, providing a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that is perfect for driven individuals who thrive on a challenge.
About the Role
As a Buyers Assistant (Admin), you will play a crucial role in curating our product assortment and ensuring smooth operations.
You will also be responsible for the following areas under the guidance of our Drinks Buyer:
- Expertly managing item creation and maintenance.
- Ensuring precise price accuracy in merchandise systems.
- Accurately update item details for the monthly promotional program.
- Create and maintain Line sheets for distribution to the relevant team, with correct images and information.
- Manage communication with buyer/supplier regarding delivery timelines, changes in delivery methods etc.
- Collaborating with internal teams, external stakeholders, and suppliers to ensure cohesive operations.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A passion for learning and a proactive mindset.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel.
- The ability to prioritise tasks effectively and demonstrate good time management.
- Previous exposure to the retail business is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities with a keen attention to detail.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and join an innovative & exciting team, we invite you to apply and become a key player in the WHSmith success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
WHSmith is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment. We recognise the importance of equity in all that we do, as well as promoting a culture of inclusion through our policies, procedures and working practices. If you have any support requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application, so we can assist you appropriately during the recruitment process.
*Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.