Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director at the Regional Office for the EEA, the EU and NATO and the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Migration Health Advisor for the European Union, European Economic Area and NATO, the successful candidate will assist the development and implementation of Migration Health activities and projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide full administrative support to the Migration Health Unit of Regional Office Brussels as well as to health focal points in IOM country offices involved in EU migration health projects in line with IOM rules and regulations and in close coordination with the Regional Resource Management Division (RRMO);
- Provide full administrative support to the Programme Officers within assigned programmes. Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content.
- Monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for program/project budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplans.
- Initiate and process different administrative transactions including procurement of goods and services. Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments in accordance with IOM institutional guidelines;
- Assist the Regional Advisor and other staff during the negotiations and liaison with the European Commission, especially DG SANTE, HADEA, DG HOME, ECDC, and other relevant EU institutions/agencies for projects. Liaise with external stakeholders and other IOM offices;
- Provide regular sharing of information of latest EU and Member States news and update and EU call for proposals; including regular searching, scanning relevant website; mapping of strategic donors’ policies and updates, funding opportunities;
- Compile regular monthly meeting reports; regular update colleagues on new administrative process;
- Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises. Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable). Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material;
- Work on all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops);
- Prepare and process travel requests for team members arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight, and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions.
- Assist on research tasks, compile, and analyze information, and draft briefings and background information documents as requested;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Migration Studies, International Relations or a related field from an credited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles;
- High School degree with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of EU institutions, migration health policies and funding instruments;
- Experience in project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Previous experience in migration management, particularly linked to migration health is a strong advantage;
- Demonstrated drafting and reporting skills are essential;
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis.
Fluency in English and French is required. Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications –Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (p. 4), CV and Cover Letter– to [email protected] by 7 December 2022 23:59 (CET – Brussels time) at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line (VN 2022-49).
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.