WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Administration Associate (Protocol)
TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT
Fixed Term, G-6
DURATION & START DATE
1 year, renewable (depending on performance and budget)
DUTY STATION (City, Country)
Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC), Cairo, Egypt
REPORT TO (JOB TITLE)
Note: Egyptian nationals/citizens or candidates with valid Egyptian workpermit/residency are eligible to apply. This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference Watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP assists almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year. WFP’s efforts focus on emergency assistance, relief and rehabilitation, development aid and special operations. Two-thirds of our work is in conflict-affected countries where people are three times more likely to be undernourished than those living in countries without conflict. In emergencies, WFP is often first on the scene, providing food assistance to the victims of war, civil conflict, drought, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, crop failures and natural disasters. When the emergency subsides, WFP helps communities rebuild shattered lives and livelihoods. We also work to strengthen the resilience of people and communities affected by protracted crises by applying a development lens in our humanitarian response. WFP is governed by a 36-member Executive Board. It works closely with its two Rome-based sister organizations, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the International Fund for Agricultural Development. WFP partners with more than 1,000 national and international NGOs to provide food assistance and tackle the underlying causes of hunger. This full-time position will be based in the Regional Bureau (RBC) which covers WFP hunger-relief operations in 17 countries in the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia.
To support the administrative operations within the Regional Bureau in Cairo, through coordinating and controlling a full range of administrative services in Protocol Services Management ensuring accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and further ensures that these services are delivered and maintained effectively in a customer centric manner.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. They have responsibility for undertaking specialized business support work, such as organization and coordination of work. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources, and coach and/or coordinate a team of support staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide assistance to a wide range of complex administrative queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality administrative service is provided to all stakeholders
- Assist Administration Officer in planning and monitoring regional exercises and support the regional role of the Regional Bureau through providing support and guidance to various Country Offices in areas of work as required
- Maintain updated records of Protocol Management processes and services; through building and overseeing the maintenance of records and databases (digital and hardcopy) to ensure information is organised and readily available and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies
- Maintain updated Protocol Services Portfolio tracking system and contribute to the enhancement of its efficiency
- Contribute to the development and update of Standard Operating Procedures to guide delivery of services within the areas of responsibilities
- Undertake the necessary learning and training to become a regional Local Process Expert and identify Key players and Local process Experts in the area of responsibility across the region
- Allocate responsibilities and support on the job learning and development of junior support staff to ensure that they have adequate technical knowledge of the relevant administrative systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently contribute to the provision of effective overall service delivery
- Produce regular reporting that is relevant to the areas of responsibilities, prepare and consolidate comprehensive documentation, correspondence, briefing notes and conduct research in area of work
- Build and maintain strong relations with various stakeholders internally within WFP and externally with official entities and government bodies which in turn facilitates WFP’s mandate and The Regional role to Country offices of the Regional Bureau in Cairo
- Collaborate with Asset and Events Management Admin Associate where required on joint exercises to deliver exemplar customer centric services
- Identify evolving needs, gaps and recommend changes in the Administration processes and procedures in the areas of responsibilities to support improvement
- Devise training material and deliver trainings (remotely and/or in person) in areas of work as applicable
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and use it generate reports that contribute to Budget Planning exercises
- Perform other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Social Sciences, Faculty of tourism and/or humanities. Master’s in business administration is a plus.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work.
- Previous experience in dealing with Embassies and/or Government entities is required as well as Customer service experience.
- Experience in implementing internal control processes.
- Previous experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
- Background experience in Project Management is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrate subject matter knowledge in two of the following areas: Public Relations with external stakeholders, formal correspondences and process design
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with a variety of individuals across functions and from different backgrounds
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Flexible workstyle and customer centric approach to the work in hand coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of various administrative services
- Technology Savy with ability to think out of the box and come up with innovative ideas to enhance service delivery in the areas of expertise.
- Team player and problem solver with strong initiative and willingness to learn, actively seeking and using feedback to improve self and work in hand
- Specialised knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in areas of Administration and Finance, gained through technical training and work experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and use it generate reports that contribute to the Budget planning exercises
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion towards work and related information
Fluency in both written and spoken English (level C) and Arabic.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards. Please visit United Nations Salary Scales for more details.
- Attractive pension plan
- Child allowance
- Language allowance (subject to passing language assessment)
- Medical coverage for staff and eligible dependents
- Variety of leave entitlements, including but not limited to 30 days annual leaves per year, maternity/paternity leave, and special leave arrangements.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to apply for this position is Saturday, 22 April 2023 (11:59 PM Cairo Time).
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.