Ada College of Education, Ada, is a Public Tertiary Education Institution established in 1965. It was later upgraded into Tertiary Status by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847). The College is currently affiliated to the University of Education, Winneba (UEW). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following staff.
1. VICE PRINCIPAL
Responsibilities and Duties
• The Vice Principal shall assist the Principal in the overall management, academic, administration and disciplinary issues of the College in accordance with the Colleges of Education Act 2012 (Act 847) and other regulatory provisions governing the Colleges of Education and in relation to the oversight responsibility of the Governing Council of the College.
• Perform functions assigned by the Principal of the College
• Act in the absence of the Principal of the College among others
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must have good character and high degree of personal integrity and must be a Distinguished master teacher and scholar in Teaching and Learning and must be at least a Principal Tutor in the College of Education.
• Applicant must have at least five (5) years relevant post-qualification experience in a senior Management position with good knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the Colleges of Education in particular and Tertiary Education in Ghana in general and be ready to propose measures to mitigate them.
The applicant should be able to complete one term of three (3) years before attaining the Compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
Tenure of Office
The Vice Principal shall hold office for a period of three (3) years and may be eligible for re-appointment for another term only.
Location: Ada Foah
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants who meet the above requirements and want to apply should submit six (6) application letters together with six (6) copies of updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), three (3) copies of sealed recommendation letters, certificates, transcripts, other relevant documents and a two-page vision statement for the College to:
Ada College of Education
Post Office Box AF 34
Ada East, Greater Accra – Ghana.
Closing Date: 05 January, 2024
Applicants will be contacted.