About the Role
We are seeking individuals who want to make a positive impact on young people who have experienced significant trauma, and therefore have been placed in our specialist care due to the complexity and severity of their behaviour. As part of a close team, you will provide support for children and young people in a home environment. Implementing a trauma recovery model of practice and working to structured plans, you will build long-term relationships with children and young people who often have complex behaviours, providing security, stability and consistency while building their capacity to form positive relationships with others. These roles involve shift work, including sleepovers, weekends, and public holidays.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team have a number of positions available throughout multiple programs and locations in the North and West Brisbane regions (Permanent Part-time & Casual) for Residential Care Workers to join Mercy Community Team.
$36.00 to $38.60 per hour for Perm Part-time, OR $45.00 to $48.25 per hour Casual rate (award) plus superannuation plus generous salary packaging available.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing a high standard of residential care, safety and support for young people
- Assisting children and young people to develop their social and living skill
- Ensuring daily care needs are met
- Exposing young people to positive and creative ways to use recreational time
- To be eligible to apply for this role, as a minimum you must be willing to enrol in, hold or be currently enrolled in and working towards a relevant Certificate IV qualification that meets the Minimum Qualification Standard for Residential Care Staff in Queensland. For a full list of recognised qualifications, visit: https://peakcare.org.au/hopehealing/min-quals-res-care/
- You are resilient, mature, patient and confident working with challenging behaviours such as verbal and physical aggression
- You must hold or be prepared to obtain a First Aid Certificate
- The ability to maintain extreme confidentiality is essential when providing service to clients and external stakeholders from culturally diverse backgrounds
- You must hold a current Provisional Green or higher Queensland Driver’s License
- You must hold or be willing to apply for a Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and be able to obtain a positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice is highly desirable.
Why Mercy Community
Mercy Community is a Catholic not-for-profit, compassionately inspiring and supporting people to live hopeful, connected lives within inclusive communities. We support families and young people, people living with a disability, and older people, and live by our values of Compassion, Integrity, Dignity and Empowerment. We have been providing services and support for over 150 years and our team operates across a network that encompasses urban, rural and remote communities.
Being part of the Mercy Community team, means you have access to some fantastic benefits, such as:
- Increase your take home pay through the use of generous salary packaging – up to $18,550 per annum of your salary is available as a tax-free component.
- Provide access to novated leases for a vehicle to help reduce your taxable income and other packaging benefits
- Pay for your Queensland Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening Card when you need – saving you up to $144 if you need both cards!
- Provide you and your immediate family free, professional and confidential counselling services including specialised First Nations counsellors
Depending on your role, you may also be eligible:
- For annual influenza and/or other vaccination reimbursements
- To receive pay bonus’ of $500 for successful employee referrals
- To cash out or purchase annual leave and to take advantage of extra leave entitlements
We also ensure all our employees have access to a wide variety of excellent learning and development tools to continue your professional and personal development. This includes making sure you have access to a range of other career pathways and opportunities across Mercy.
Please note we may contact applicants prior to closing date so not delay in applying.
APPLY NOW! For any queries, please contact [email protected].