Position description Apply now Share
Making a meaningful difference with mission-critical software that empowers communities to thrive.
ReadyTech is more than just a one-trick pony playing in one market with one product, or one customer. We re-imagine, design, develop and deliver technology to solve our customer’s diverse problems – supporting multiple businesses across a variety of markets to be ready for anything.
We’re an ASX-listed company which means we are stable, have a strong track record of sustainable growth, and have a significant number of long-term customers. So, what does this mean for you? It means we can offer you an experience that will push you to be your best, provide career-building challenges, and that will offer you numerous growth opportunities that can’t be found in any other company.
It’s an inclusive environment where there is no place for politics, where we get our heads together to solve the problems that really matter to our customers, and where we always stay focused on our north star – the communities we serve, and society at large.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Python Engineer to join our Higher Education Squad within the Education business. The ideal candidate will be responsible for writing and testing scalable code, developing back-end components, and integrating user-facing elements in collaboration with front-end developers.
You will get to:
- Write effective, scalable Python code for new and existing software.
- responsiveness and overall performance of backend systems.
- Collaboratively work with front-end teams to integrate user interfaces.
- Perform thorough testing and debugging to ensure software reliability.
- Continuously improve the functionality of existing systems.
- Develop and implement robust security and data protection solutions.
- Assess and prioritize feature requests to align with project goals.
- Work closely with internal teams to understand user needs and deliver technical solutions.
More about you:
- You have a strong ability in problem-solving and effective communication.
- You are able to collaborate effectively with engineers, QA, and Product Managers.
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum.
- You have experience using modern tools like GitHub Copilot and other IDEs.
- You have proven experience in Python development and knowledge of popular Python frameworks.
- You have an understanding of object-relational mapping and front-end technologies.
- You have strong capabilities in unit testing and debugging.
- You are proficient in code versioning tools, particularly Git.
- You have experience with cloud services and database technologies, with Docker and Kubernetes knowledge being a plus.
Why you should become a Readytecher:
- A day off for your birthday- hip hip hooray!
- Additional 4 days of leave each year
- ReadyTecher Awards each quarter with the chance to win flights and accommodation to Hamilton Island
- Hybrid work, with in-house baristas in Australia via the Ready Beans team
- Access to Sonder- a technology-driven platform supported by safety, medical and mental health experts – available 24/7
- Paid parental leave
- Additional paid leave for miscarriage, endometriosis and menopause
- Volunteer leave
- Flu vaccinations
- And plenty of ReadyTech merch drops along the way!
ReadyTech is committed to seeing things through each other’s eyes. We invest deeply in relationships by offering positivity, fairness and empathy in every interaction and love that everyone is different. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our diversity of race, beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, age, disability status, marital status and more – so that every single one of us can feel like we belong. Don’t meet all the criteria? Apply anyway and complete our testing- we’re looking for people with potential!
As part of our commitment to ensuring a safe and secure working environment for all employees and in compliance with Australian regulations, please note that if selected for this role, you will be required to complete a comprehensive police check and an Australian working rights check. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these requirements, please feel free to contact us.
So, if you are ready for anything, please apply today. Please note that we will send you some testing to complete as part of your application as we have found this helps us to quickly identify potential ReadyTechers!
Position description Apply now Share