About the Company:
RDO Equipment is one of the world’s largest and most trusted John Deere and Vermeer equipment dealers, selling and supporting John Deere Construction & Forestry, and Agricultural & Turf machinery, as well as the full range of Vermeer equipment. RDO proudly employs more than 850 staff, and operates out of 29 dealership locations in metro and regional Australia, providing parts and service support for the agricultural, roads, civil construction, landscaping, mining and forestry sectors.
Our job is more than supplying equipment. We are a trusted business partner and we build customers for life. We play hard and fair in everything we do and are driven by a sense of achievement. Our dealer network is unmatched and our commitment to our customers unfaltering. In order to deliver this commitment, we seek like-minded people and work hard to support our staff to realise their full potential.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Apprentice to join the team in our Chinchilla branch.
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology or Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
We also welcome applications from candidates who may already be completing a mechanical apprenticeship but wish to transition across. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and secure a long-term career that could set you up for life.
Working on world class John Deere equipment and being guided and instructed by qualified Trade personnel, you will learn:
You will attend and participate in all classes at TAFE College as required in accordance with your training agreement and participate in RDO and John Deere training sessions/days.
There is an opportunity to work on:
- Compact and Agricultural Tractors
- Agricultural Implements
- Compact Construction Equipment.
You will bring the following skills and be able to meet the requirements of the role by:
- A current driver’s licence with your own reliable transport.
- A strong aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Reliability, self-motivation and a willingness to work.
- The ability to perform physical work in sometimes demanding conditions.
- The commitment to attend TAFE and pass all practical and theory-based training requirements of an apprenticeship.
About the RDO ‘Extras’:
As an RDO Equipment employee we partner with employees to give a little extra, here’s some of our benefits…..
- Transparent and structured incentive programs, commissions, and bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program with 8 streams of support across all aspects of your life – for employees and immediate families
- Dedicated Wellness Hub with programs supporting total quality of life
- Regional Salary Packaging, regional allowances & tax benefits
- Paid study and study leave for approved courses
- Paid Community leave to give your time to local organisations and charities every year
- Permanent discounted shopping and exclusive employee benefits via reward gateway and directly with many retailers including Private Health
- Anniversary and milestone gifts and awards
- Paid Parental leave – enhanced payment scheme with superannuation contributions
- Significant Celebration gifts for personal milestones such as births and marriages
- Exclusive Staff discount on machinery, products and merchandise
We strongly encourage all candidates to learn more about RDO Equipment at our website; www.rdoequipment.com.au
To apply, click on the Apply link.
Prospective candidates are advised that interviews will commence immediately. We are successful because of our people and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We can only accept applications from individuals who have the right to work in Australia. External agencies have not been engaged for this role, so please ensure you apply directly to be considered.
For further information on this particular role or similar opportunities please contact our Careers Team on 1300 154 600