Whitehaven Coal is proud to be the leading Australian ASX-listed producer of premium-quality coal. We currently operate four mines in NSW and we’re excited to grow our QLD operations via the announced acquisition of 100% of BMA’s Daunia and Blackwater coal mines in the Bowen Basin.
Our STRIVE Values connect us and define how we behave. Whitehaven Coal award, recognise and celebrate individuals and teams going above and beyond the requirements of their role to deliver excellent outcomes while demonstrating our Values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ROC Controller to join us in Brisbane over seeing our newly acquired Blackwater and Daunia operations.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and control fixed plant operations using advanced technology and remote systems from the ROC facility.
- Manage and optimise our processing plants to support and improve safety, production and cost outcomes for the business
- Analyse real-time data and implement operational adjustments as needed to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with various departments including production, maintenance, and engineering to resolve operational issues and improve processes.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance operational performance and cost-effectiveness.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience with Fixed Plant Control or Coal Handling and Processing Plants.
- Experience with CITECT SCADA, and AMPLA systems is a significant advantage.
- Proven experience in processing operations, preferably in a remote operations center or similar environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities to effectively collaborate with on-site and off-site personnel.
Why Whitehaven Coal
- 26 weeks. Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive salary packages, with salary sacrificing options (local living & novated leases)
- Employee Referral Scheme – $4000 for Successful Referrals!
- Bonus Scheme + $1k Company Shares
- Employee Discounts: groceries, petrol, fashion, entertainment plus more
- Career Development, Mentorship and Coaching
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We strive for an inclusive workplace that engages people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes diversity of gender, culture and experience.
Whitehaven Coal is working with the RSL Employment Program to support veterans and partners of current or former Defence members in finding meaningful and sustainable employment. If you would like assistance with your application, you can reach out to the program via the following link: https://www.rslqld.org/find-help/employment
Whitehaven Coal is an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
Reward. Opportunity. Recognition. Great Place to Work.