Mercy Community Services North Queensland supports and inspires people in need to live healthy lives within inclusive communities. Our facility offers a range of services and believes a big part of what we do is to help our residents flourish, knowing what is important to them and their individual needs. Our Residential Aged Care facility in Townsville is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team on a Permanent Full-Time basis
Liaising with the Care Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating person-centred care to our residents as well as supervising staff.
$36.87 – $43.12 per hour plus superannuation plus generous salary packaging available depending on experience
What you’ll be doing
- Providing safe and competent clinical management & nursing interventions in accordance to recognized standards
- Coordinating & monitoring the planning, implementation & evaluation, or service outcomes mad standards
- Providing clinical leadership to care staff and monitoring & overseeing staff practices
- Ensuring residents families and significant others are included in care planning
As the successful applicant, you will possess:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent with current AHPRA registration
- Previous staff management experience favourable
- Able to obtain a positive Police Check
- Demonstrated experience with clinical care
Why Mercy Community
Mercy Community is a Catholic not-for-profit, compassionately inspiring and supporting people to live hopeful, connected lives within inclusive communities. We support families and young people, people living with a disability, and older people, and live by our values of Compassion, Integrity, Dignity and Empowerment. We have been providing services and support for over 150 years and our team operates across a network that encompasses urban, rural and remote communities.
Being part of the Mercy team, means you have access to some fantastic benefits, such as:
- Increase your take home pay through the use of generous salary packaging – up to $18,550 per annum is available
- Provide access to novated leases for a vehicle to help reduce your taxable income and other packaging benefits
- Pay for your Queensland Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening Card when you need – saving you up to $144 if you need both cards!
- Provide you and your immediate family free, professional and confidential counselling services including specialised First Nations counsellors
Depending on your role, you may also be eligible:
- For annual influenza and/or other vaccination reimbursements
- To receive pay bonus’ of $500 for successful employee referrals
- To cash out or purchase annual leave and to take advantage of extra leave entitlements
We also ensure all our employees have access to a wide variety of excellent learning and development tools to continue your professional and personal development. This includes making sure you have access to a range of other career pathways and opportunities across Mercy.
Applications close 16 February 2024. Please note we may contact applicants prior to closing date so not delay in applying.
For any queries, please contact [email protected].