Principal Mine Planning Engineer
for a respected company in Ghana, West Africa.
Since the company’s inception in the early nineties, they have expanded to a level where they now have four major plants across the country.
This position is located in Osino, eastern region of Ghana.
|Job category :||
Production, maintenance, quality
Temporary work, recruitment
|Employment type :||
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :||
More than 10 years
|Educational level :||
|Key Skills :|
- Take a lead role in the preparation and review of mine plans.
- Carry out planned studies, collaborating with technical and support teams.
- Review previous work, identifying gaps, shortfalls, and problem areas.
- Carry out high-level strategic planning in a timely fashion.
- Understand pit optimisation, mine design and the equipment needed.
- Scheduling of project work.
- Carry out in-depth cost analysis.
- Liaise with operational and functional stakeholders.
- Bachelors/Degree in Mining Engineering or similar.
- 10+ years in the mining industry, specifically in open-pit operations.
- 5 years in technical services/operations.
- 5 years long-term planning at a site or as a consultant.
- 3 years in short-term planning or operations.
- Strong experience in open-pit mining operations.
- Understand links between mine plans and costs.
- Well-versed in spreadsheet-based cash flow analysis.
- Committed to Health & Safety.
- Understand risk analysis.
- Experience in resource estimation from drill-hole to block model.
- Competent with mine designs, plans and using software packages.
- An effective communicator.
- Natural leader
- Strong team player.
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality
$8000 – $10,000 p/m (negotiable based on skills and experience)
- Flight ticket (if required)
- Performance bonus
- Medical insurance