- Company: Farming In Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Farming In Africa (FIA) is a B2B company based in Ghana with presence in most African countries and on the mission to revolutionize the farming industry in Africa through education, agricultural services and solutions ranging from quality and pure genetic breeds of various livestocks, Improved seeds (plants and livestock nutrition), innovative small scale tools and equipment and finally practical training and education on all social media platforms. Our aim is to Change the narrative and perception about farming in Africa and we hope that you will join us on this journey.
We are a fast paced growing group of companies searching for a highly motivated, coachable and an entrepreneurial-spirited individual open to continuous learning to assume the role of the Operations Manager.
Find us via:
Role Overview –
As the Operations Manager, you will supervise and implement the operational and organizational standards of our company. Your duties will include undertaking administrative tasks and developing and implementing business strategies.
Being independent when the need arises, self-motivation and possessing excellent interpersonal skills are added attributes. The ideal candidate must also possess strong work ethics and the ability to adapt to a variety of situations and be able to multitask.
As an operations manager you will;
- Oversee the day to day running of all business ventures.
- Ensure all operations in all business ventures are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Manage the organization’s operational budgets, ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
- Manage and supervise the workforce, including task allocation, setting deadlines, and monitoring performance.
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Ensure the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Identify business (niche) opportunities, research and execute them.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships.
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives aligned with organizational goals.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Prepare proposals for partnerships and investments.
- Innovate, Initiate and lead business activities.
- Hiring, training and mentoring of staff.
- Plan and execute sales strategies.
- Take calculated risk and make business decisions.
- Collaborate & Liaise with other staff to executive properly business plans.
- Identify problems, suggest, make and implement decisions and interpret results.
- Improve quality and productivity by streamlining systems and processes.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
Our ideal colleague will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A minimum of Degree in Business, Agriculture or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in operations role
- Ability to use computer applications.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
- An appreciable working experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure with or without supervision.
- Willingness to work during odd hours sometimes.
- A great passion for Agriculture.
Method of Application
All CVs and Applications should be sent to [email protected] with the job title/location as the subject of the mail.