Position description Apply now Share
As a frontend engineer, you will help design and develop features for our education and work pathways products by working closely with various stakeholders including technical leads, product managers, product designers, and quality assurance.
We have traditionally built full stack web applications using technologies such as Ruby on Rails and C# .NET, but we are in the process of moving towards separating out our frontend and backend. This presents a unique opportunity for you to come in and work alongside our technical and design teams to build out our frontend ecosystem and provide input into our technical roadmap.
Making a meaningful difference with mission-critical software that empowers communities to thrive.
ReadyTech is more than just a one-trick pony playing in one market with one product, or one customer. We re-imagine, design, develop and deliver technology to solve our customer’s diverse problems – supporting multiple businesses across a variety of markets to be ready for anything.
We’re an ASX-listed company which means we are stable, have a strong track record of sustainable growth and have a significant number of long-term customers. So, what does this mean for you? It means we can offer you an experience that will push you to be your best, provide career-building challenges, and that will offer you numerous growth opportunities that can’t be found in any other company.
It’s an inclusive environment where there is no place for politics, where we get our heads together to solve the problems that really matter to our customers, and where we always stay focused on our north star – the communities we serve, and society at large.
You will get to:
- Actively contribute to frontend specific features of our application
- Work as a technical lead in a design system team to setup and maintain our design system and library of frontend components
- Provide frontend expertise to our existing engineering, design and product teams
- Work in an agile team and actively participate in agile ceremonies such as standups and retrospectives
- Work closely with our product and design teams to help setup and maintain our design system
- Provide technical expertise to our non-technical design team
- Work within our engineering team to align our frontend architecture with our technical strategy and roadmap
- Ensure new features are built according to design system standards
- Help upskill and mentor other engineers in frontend specific skills such as React, Sass and HTML
More about you:
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work completely autonomously (if required) on a wide range of development tasks and maintain an excellent attention to detail
- A basic understanding of user needs, and a willingness to be involved in user research and collaboration to identify the best user experience
- Ability to work with backend engineers to coordinate delivery of end to end features
- You have a solid understanding with at least one frontend web framework, such as React or Vue as well as an understanding of software version control, specifically with git
- An understanding of REST APIs
- Familiarity with the product trio concept. Working within the lens of Viability, Desirability, and Feasibility
- You have at least 5 years commercial experience working on web products
- Experience working with design and mock-up tools, such as Figma
- Experience working with front end development environments like Storybook
Great to have but not mandatory:
- Experience establishing and maintaining a design system
- While not mandatory, backend experience or familiarity with Ruby on Rails is a valuable advantage
Why you should become a ReadyTecher:
- A day off for your birthday- hip hip hooray!
- Additional 4 days of leave each year
- ReadyTecher Awards each quarter with the chance to win flights and accommodation to Hamilton Island
- Hybrid work, with in-house baristas in Australia via the Ready Beans team
- Access to Sonder- a technology-driven platform supported by safety, medical and mental health experts – available 24/7
- Paid parental leave
- Additional paid leave for miscarriage, endometriosis and menopause
- Volunteer leave
- Flu vaccinations
- And plenty of ReadyTech merch drops along the way!
ReadyTech is committed to seeing things through each other’s eyes. We invest deeply in relationships by offering positivity, fairness and empathy in every interaction and love that everyone is different. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our diversity of race, beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, age, disability status, marital status and more – so that every single one of us can feel like we belong.
As part of our commitment to ensuring a safe and secure working environment for all employees and in compliance with Australian regulations, please note that if selected for this role, you will be required to complete a comprehensive police check and an Australian working rights check. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these requirements, please feel free to contact us.
So, if you are ready for anything, please apply today. Please note that if your application is progressed to the next stage, we will send you some testing to complete as part of your application as we have found this helps us to quickly identify potential ReadyTechers!
Position description Apply now Share