Bechtel Mining and Metals has an opportunity for an experienced Lead Estimator to join and lead the estimates team based in Brisbane.
About the Benefits:
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and challenging local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. With a market aligned salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through our strong health and safety focus and private health cover including access to a leading employee assistance program.
About the Role:
As Lead Estimator, you will conduct evaluation of services and/or capital cost elements of a project or effort as defined by an agreed-upon scope. You will manage the development of estimates from inception to completion, developing an obtainable estimate plan, inclusive of budget, and leading the estimating team in executing the estimate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Consolidate the estimate components and prepare the proposal cost volume and bid forms, you will be responsible for assembly and timely submittal of escrow proposal documents.
- Reviews estimate and ensures quality and integrity. Ensures lessons learned are incorporated into the estimate.
- Manage proposal strategies with Proposal Management and joint venture partners as applicable.
- Prepare basis and assumption documentation, ensure lessons learned are incorporated and fully understanding the needs of the customer.
- Review design or Request for Proposal (RFP) scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinate with the project to develop additional estimating basis when information is incomplete.
- Effectively presents estimate Management Review package to estimate team, department management and business line management. Schedules internal reviews.
- Other duties as required.
What You Bring:
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of Estimating core processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in EPC, EPCM & Lump Sum estimating practices and methods, including demonstrated ability to organize, direct, perform, review and present cost estimating products with a minimum of supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of project schedules and ability to anticipate/extrapolate costs curves based on experience of scheduled activities/cost correlation analysis.
- Thorough understanding of cost index and escalation projections.
- Proficient to expert in the use of technology for executing work processes. Proficient to expert in Microsoft and scheduling software applications currently being used by Bechtel (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Primavera, Microsoft Project) and basic knowledge of general estimating systems.
- Understanding charging practices, the relevant commercial influences (i.e., insurance, taxes, etc.) and the relationship of charging practices to commercial terms, invoicing and profitability.
Working Rights in Australia without employer sponsorship are required.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer & commit to respond to every applicant.
Why Choose Bechtel?
At Bechtel, we know that people like you deliver our customers’ projects—projects with a purpose that create a lasting positive legacy in the communities where we live and work. Just as we are committed to helping our customers achieve their visions, we are committed to offering the best people in the industry—people like you—with rewarding, challenging, and flexible long-term careers. People like you are needed on projects that create jobs and grow economies; improve the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure; connect communities to resources and opportunities; get us closer to net zero; tackle critical environmental challenges to protect people and the planet; and accelerate progress to make the world a cleaner, greener, safer place.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through five global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; Mining & Metals; and Manufacturing & Technology. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bechtel employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or show proof of a negative test result prior to accessing Bechtel sites/facilities to the extent required by applicable law or by customer requirements.