- Organization: SOS Children’s Villages International
- Location: Tema
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date:
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is a child welfare organization that provides a stable Family-Like Care (FLC) for children in need. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Projects. Currently, we operate in four locations; Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi, Tamale with the National Office in Accra. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as:
Duty Post: Tema
Purpose: To provide technical support to ensure the smooth running of programme activities in Tema.
Qualification and Experience
The ideal applicant must;
- Hold HND in Building & Construction
- Have at least 3 years relevant work experience in building construction and house maintenance
- Possess some knowledge in basic auto mechanics or vehicle maintenance
- Ability to handle minor repairs on equipment and estate facilities
- Ability to handle minor electrical and plumbing works
- Be able to take initiative and have a sense of responsibility
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be patient, honest and very respectful
- Be able to work for long hours and on weekends when the need arises.
- Possess good writing skills with a flair for the needs and development of children.
- Have a strong cultural awareness, able to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Be a team player, have strong collaborative skills and able to relate with children, youth & all levels of coworkers
At SOS Children’s Villages Ghana we believe in creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. Our hiring process is based on skills, qualification and experience. We have a strict zero-tolerance policy for discrimination, harassment or bias of any kind. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all.