The Finance Business Partner role will work with the Finance team, playing a vital role in financial analysis, management reporting, business partnering and providing financial insights to multiple stakeholders (finance and non-finance). This is a full-time permanent role located at Whiddon Support Services in Glenfield
You come with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with a Bachelor’s degree in Business (or a similar field). CPA/CA/CIMA qualification is desirable but not essential. You will be able to demonstrate your commercial and business acumen, with the ability to perform analysis/financial modelling to report on business insights, trends, and anomalies. You have a sound understanding of the interaction of all finance functions, ability to collaborate and influence day to day decisions in supporting the strategy, driving business direction and problem solving. You will come with strong interpersonal and communication skills, with intermediate/advanced skills in report writing and Power BI dashboard development.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, but more importantly, we are like one big family and treat each of our residents, families, and team members with the same levels of passion, care, and respect.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, your day may include:
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant fact-based financial information & commercial insights via value-added reporting
- Play an active role in Transformation/Systems projects across the business and development of business intelligence tools (Power BI) and reports that support business insights and outcomes.
- Ensuring key stakeholders are fully briefed on financial performance, challenges and potential areas for efficiencies (revenue/cost optimisation)
- Actively collaborate and influence day to day decisions in supporting the strategy, driving business direction and problem solving
- Serve as the “conduit” between finance and operations
- Co-lead the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Interpret data, order and assess its value and then present the findings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and concise way. Future oriented
- Identify financial trends within the Residential Care, ILUs, and Community Care Sector
- Draw on ‘big’ and ‘small’ data, selecting the appropriate tools to present, analyse and interpret data/information in sophisticated, audience-appropriate language.
- Deliver quality insights around results that support steering the business and ideally outperform financial targets
- Working knowledge of applicable industry-specific legislation as it applies to your areas of responsibility.
- Assist the Financial Controller in other general financial activities as required eg. Treasury duties, month end and statutory reporting, workers comp, asset register and investment maintenance, general ledger reconciliations
We are hoping you will join our fantastic Whiddon Family in our Finance, based in Glenfield, on a permanent full-time basis.
WHAT WE OFFER
Whiddon offer the opportunity for employees to make positive and meaningful impact on residents and clients in their roles. With our resident focused approach to care employees are provided with the opportunity to develop strong relationships and friendships.
In addition to the opportunity to genuinely make a difference in your role, Whiddon offer a competitive package with all the elements that you would expect and more:
- Salary Packaging options so you can keep more of your pay.
- Leave entitlements so you can rest, recuperate and take care of your loved ones!
- 5 weeks Annual Leave (or the option to cash out Annual Leave)
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Up to 3 days paid community service leave each year
- Up to 4 days paid compassionate leave
- Work/life balance. Hybrid Model
- Whiddon Scholarships so you can study and advance your career. You can get financial support to cover your studies
- Learning, learning, learning. Leadership courses for all levels of leaders, education resources and more!
- Get recognised for your great work! On the spot recognition, Every Day Heroes, Annual Awards night and more.
- Employee Referral Program. Earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work
- Employee Assistance Program for when you need extra support
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume addressing the above criteria. To find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at Whiddon then visit our website https://www.whiddon.com.au/careers/ or contact Lorraine Wallis, Financial Controller at [email protected].