- Provide safety advice to all operational departments.
- Ensuring fabrication work in accordance with HSE, Quality, technical and schedule requirements.
- Liaising between the project team and the Fabrication Manager on-site to ensure the proper dispatch of technical information.
- Organization of fabrication activities to meet HSE, quality, schedule, and productivity requirements.
- Ensuring that decisions and procedures related to HSE are implemented on-site by participating in toolbox talks.
- Reviewing all Fabrication drawings and specifications related to the scope of work.
- Liaising with Client Representatives regarding technical queries, inspections, project scheduling, and coordinating activities.
- Monitoring material delivery and preparing reception with the Material Controller and QAQC teams. Preparation of material reconciliation and follow-up.
- Preparation of all fabrication procedures and material take-offs.
- Preparing method statements and work packs as required.
- Preparation of fabrication schedule including engineering, construction, testing stages and load out with the Yard Planning Engineer.
- Definition of required resources for fabrication and welding activities.
- Preparation of handover documentation, completion certificate and punch list in coordination with the Yard QC department.
- Performing general duties that may be necessary to suit operational requirements as needed.
- Support actively the General Manager in tendering activities including commercial and pricing aspects.
- Prepare and issue progress and fabrication reports as required during project execution.
- The Fabrication Engineer reports to the General / Fabrication Manager for all fabrication activities.
- Fabrication department
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, preferably, Structural, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Sound Knowledge of the application and establishment of project planning, Project management and cost control.
- Organized, resolute, pro-active, team worker, leadership capabilities and excellent communication and technical written skills.
- Familiarity with the interpretation of drawings, specifications, engineering procedures and model reviews.
- Safety ethic and personal sense of responsibility for the safety of others.
- Familiarity with CAD software.
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Fabrication Engineer to be based in Takoradi – Ghana.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Method Of Application
Kindly send all applications with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 23rd October 2023.
Salary Range: (Attractive)
Location: (Takoradi) The position is based in Takoradi (Ghana) at BELMET 7 Yard.
Employment Type: Full time