Tema, AA, GH, PMB, Accra
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About The Role
The Electrical Technician would be responsible for carrying out preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance on electrical, instrumentation and automation systems of the plant to ensure the availability of the plant to meet production targets. The candidate would benchmark activities in the group for improvement and exchange experiences in the group for best practices to be implemented in the factory. Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, this role is based in Tema.
- Carry out routine or daily inspection and solve electrical and automation problems in collaboration with the Automation Engineer.
- Obtain preventive schedule information and undertakes preventive maintenance programmes on electrical, instrumentation or automation systems of the plant.
- Perform corrective maintenance activities for desired alterations and modifications on electrical and automation systems of the plant.
- Troubleshoots on defective electrical and automation systems and undertakes repair works.
- Work alongside the company’s Shift Technicians, Automation Engineer and sub-contractors such as VRA, MAT, Socotec etc. to execute tasks, troubleshoot on defective electrical systems, and undertake repair works on emergency or breakdown or shutdown maintenance programmes.
- Undertake emergency or breakdown maintenance activities on call in duties in conjunction with the shift technicians.
- Assist Automation Engineer in ensuring all electrical, automation and calibration devices are well maintained in accordance with laid down schedule.
- Liaise with Service providers (power and water) in taking readings for billing.
- Carry out corrective action from electrical, instrumentation and automation audits in conjunction with the Automation Engineer.
- Ensure the full implementation of the QMS procedures related to Maintenance and communicate proposed changes to the Management Representative. This includes the documentation and approval of procedures and work instructions, process forms etc. as appropriate.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification with 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably in a food industry)
- Good knowledge in programmable logic control systems or automation
- Able to interpret electrical diagrams and makes modifications as well as diagnose faults, identify the root cause and to troubleshoot.
- Knowledge in HACCP, GMP and Hygiene, Food Safety Defense
- Proficient in Office applications, Maximo, SAP and POKA applications.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with the a bility to work without supervision, lead and motivate a team and meet deadlines
At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong. #oneBC – Diverse People, Sustainable Growth.
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find further information here.