Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our STRIVE values, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
Our STRIVE Values connect us and define how we behave. Whitehaven Coal award, recognise and celebrate individuals and teams going above and beyond the requirements of their role to deliver excellent outcomes while demonstrating our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence.
About Daunia Mine:
Daunia is an established operation in the Bowen Basin, which has been producing high quality metallurgical coal for the export market since 2013. It is located south-east of Moranbah, adjacent to Whitehaven’s existing Winchester South development project. Daunia features state-of-the-art infrastructure and mining operations, including well-established autonomous equipment and infrastructure.
About the Role
We have exciting opportunities for experienced technicians to join the Mine Services team at our newly acquired Daunia site.
This role will suit hardworking and proactive pump crew, dewatering technicians, or fitters ideally with proven previous experience in safe and efficient operation of electric and diesel pumps and the implementation, monitoring, servicing of mine dewatering systems.
Whitehaven supports the communities in which we operate and encourage our employees to live locally, and relocation assistance is provided.
We also offer:
FIFO from Brisbane / Cairns on a 7on/7off roster
Camp accommodation provided with full messing facilities
What You’ll Do
- Fabrication and installation of pipelines and components for the in pit and ex pit dewatering requirements;
- Installation and removal of highwall and submersible pumps;
- Trouble shoot pump and piping problems across site;
- Conduct routine operational and safety activities to effectively prepare for and manage operational workload;
- Identify and assess risks, make risk informed decisions, use the company’s risk management framework.
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to safety
- Ability to maintain a high work output level
- Ability to adhere and live the Whitehaven Values and contribute to a collaborative organisational culture.
- Ability to pass a QLD Coal Board Medical
- Previous experience in open-cut mine production operations
- Previous dewatering experience
- Current HR Licence
- Poly welding or dewatering certification (desirable)
- Trainer / assessor certification (desirable)
- Trade Certification – Mechanical Fitter or Electrician (desirable)
Why Whitehaven Coal
- FIFO/DIDO Opportunities
- Competitive salary packages, with salary sacrificing options (local living & novated leases)
- Employee Discounts: groceries, petrol, fashion, entertainment plus more
- Career Development, Mentorship and Coaching
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We strive for an inclusive workplace that engages people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes diversity of gender, culture and experience.
Whitehaven Coal is working with the RSL Employment Program to support veterans and partners of current or former Defence members in finding meaningful and sustainable employment. If you would like assistance with your application, you can reach out to the program via the following link: https://www.rslqld.org/find-help/employment
Whitehaven Coal is an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
Reward. Opportunity. Recognition. Great Place to Work.