Sunnyfield is an organisation focused on people, our mission is to enrich the lives of people with disability by creating choice and control. Working together with families, friends and dedicated staff, Sunnyfield supports a brighter future for people with disability. This is an exciting time to join Sunnyfield as we embark on the expansion of our services across New South Wales.
About the Role
Want to be part of a fun and energetic team focused on the future growth of Sunnyfield? As a Community Support Worker, you will play an essential role in supporting and empowering people with disability to live a life of their choosing. Working in both a team environment and independently, you will provide a range of services assisting clients to live independently, be actively involved in their local community, and engaged in meaningful opportunities.
- Supporting clients to live an active lifestyle and participate in their community through the delivery of a range of person-centred programs
- Work to behavior support plans by utilising positive behavior strategies
- Assist and support clients with personal and hygiene care
- Communication with families about clients’ progress
- Household and manual handling tasks such as menu planning, cooking and cleaning
- Maintenance of progress notes and record-keeping
You are passionate about making a difference! As a positive and energetic person, you want to contribute and provide exceptional support to our clients. You want to be part of a fun and dynamic environment, so teamwork is something you love. You have a flair for creativity, whilst also being organized. You will demonstrate the ability to engage, communicate and build partnerships with people.
- Experience in Disability sector essential
- Ability to support others with personal and hygiene care and happy for this to be part of your job
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain
- High levels of enthusiasm, initiative and a positive attitude while acting with integrity, honesty and respect
So, if you have a background in Disability focused on building capacity, then this could be the opportunity to establish and grow your career in an organisation with purpose.
What Sunnyfield can offer you
We’re a for-purpose organisation built on a heritage of community spirit, trust, inclusion and heart. Work, life or leisure, we support people with disability to build independence in every opportunity, find a place to call home, connect with their community and build skills for life.
By joining Sunnyfield we can offer you an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of Sunnyfield whilst growing your career. Our fun, flexible and dynamic environment will support you to develop your career whilst being focused on your wellbeing. You will also get access to salary packaging benefits.
If you are passionate about empowering people with disability to live a life of choice, opportunity and independence and would like to work in a challenging and rewarding role, we would love to hear from you.
To join the Sunnyfield family, apply now with a cover letter and your resume.
Successful candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid 19, and to clear all state-based probity checks, including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.