About the Team
The greater Procurement Team is a growing, supportive and friendly team. You will report to the Senior Procurement Manager who in turn reports through to our Supply Chain Director. Each category has a mix of Procurement Specialists, Coordinators and Graduates which provides experience at all levels. This role will be based at our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence in Redbank.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership and sourcing of all materials and services within one of our key sourcing categories.
As a Category Manager, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Category Management: Lead a team of procurement specialists spanning multiple commodities in the development, approval and implementation of commodity management plans that are aligned with business needs and deliver value;
- Global Engagement: Engage with global Rheinmetall commodity groups across multiple entities to ensure Australian Industry Capability (AIC) and Global Supply Chain (GSC) goals are achieved;
- Local leadership: Lead local and international multidisciplinary teams in the engagement with Australian suppliers maintaining fair market engagement, delivery performance, and Rheinmetall-Supplier relationships;
- Strategic Sourcing: carry out market research and analysis across key procurement categories, including commercial evaluation, negotiation, risk-analysis and due diligence of potential vendors and new supply partners;
- Supplier Relationship Management: identifying, developing and managing key supplier relationships to meet strategic procurement objectives;
- Procurement Systems, Policy and Processes: Lead the procurement team engagements in the development, implementation and communication of procurement systems (S2C, RTP, ERP) policies and process across RDA;
- Conduct and support strategic and complex procurement tasks;
- Provide leadership to the mechanical and protection commodity team whilst driving service improvement initiatives;
- Lead continuous improvement projects and activities within the Supply Chain Division; and
- Support the Senior Manager Procurement in achieving initiatives within the Procurement and Supply Chain Division.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT). This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Finance, Logistic & Supply Chain or related discipline;
- Proven experience in managing end-to-end procurement in a large and complex business (ideally manufacturing/ industrial) environment, which delivered significant efficiencies and cost savings;
- High proficiency in contract administration, risk management and/or commercial management;
- Effective leadership and influencing skills with strong commercial orientation;
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment;
- Ability to travel interstate when required; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
- Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help cost of living;
- On-site subsidised café with themed days and multiple dietary options;
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight;
- Flexible working practices;
- Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions);
- Generous internal incentive and referral program;
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
- We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
RDA Talent Acquisition Team
Applications will close on 10th of March 2024