Business Development Manager
Central & North West Regional Victoria
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for a resilient and dynamic sales professional to join the Haymes Paint Victorian sales team. Reporting to the State Sales Manager, your role will be to increase Haymes Paint’s market share across all major trade customer segments with a key focus on trade painters, independent distributors and builders.
- Are you an ambitious sales professional with a strong passion for business relationships and driving new business growth?
- Do you gain a sense of satisfaction from balancing trusted relationships and creating urgency for conversion?
- Focused on problem solving and excited by implementing trade sales tactics with a highly supportive, people-focused Australian business behind you
About the role:
- Proactive securing and reporting of a sales pipeline, including new and existing clients, through the identification of business opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining strong and collaborative relationships to provide a high level of customer service
- Promoting the marketing of the Haymes Paint product and services portfolio.
- Customer responsiveness and problem-solving skills to build a loyal customer base and achieve set targets.
- Cold Calling, Leads, Prospects, Conversion, Account Retention and hitting sales targets
- Preparing and negotiating regular business proposals
- Anticipate project demand requirements and effectively communicate to our distribution network to deliver in full, correct and on time
- Relevant experience (in paint coatings, or another construction sales related industry)
- Ability to leverage multiple channels including face-to-face, phone and digital
- Influence to create valuable and impactful business/client connections that lead to mutually beneficial outcomes
- Desire to utilise the full product portfolio across an assigned territory
- Strong business sense with focus on execution of business plans paired with the ability to pivot and share best practices
- Excitement to gain and take market share from Goliath (larger corporate competitors)
- Commitment towards service excellence and a consistent personalised customer experience
- Established level of computer literacy
- Willingness and flexibility to work outside typical business hours, where required
- Enthusiasm to join an Australian made and owned organisation that cares for its business and culture
- An unencumbered driver’s licence
- Background in trade and/or paint industry.
- A tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrable experience with Salesforce, Oracle or another CRM platform
From our humble beginnings in 1935, Haymes Paint has grown to become Australia’s largest Australian made and owned manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Now in our third generation of family ownership, we haven’t slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation. Our values of Truth, Passion, Integrity, Respect plus Listening and Learning are reflected in everything we do.
- 50% off retail price of Haymes Paint manufactured products, including friends and family discounts
- 6% Medibank Corporate discount
- 20% New Balance discount
- Ongoing training and support
- Access to a range of workplace health and wellbeing initiatives
- Professional development opportunities
Confidence in our skills sometimes has us second guess our suitability, we strongly encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. A growth mindset is what helps us keeping our skills relevant.
Please apply by including a recent resume and responding to the selection questions. Applications will close on Tuesday 22nd August. Please note, we may start assessing applications as we receive them and appoint when a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information about the role or for a confidential discussion contact Craig Salen, National Trade Sales Manager on 0409 085 104.