About the role and team
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bids & Pursuits Advisor to join our national Business Development, Marketing & Communications team.
Reporting to the Bids & Pursuits Manager, you will be responsible for leading a range of bids across the firm, including tenders, capability statements, proposals and other pitch documents and presentations.
We are flexible on the location of this role. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin and Adelaide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- working with the BD & Marketing teams, Partners and Senior Lawyers to identify opportunities to tender;
- drafting, editing and proofing bid submissions, ensuring compliance and arranging submission;
- leading and implementing timeline process with tender team;
- working with Client Leads on pitching for new work from existing key firm clients;
- working with the Communications and BD & Marketing teams on firm award and international directory submissions;
- updating credentials and information collected during the submission process on profiles, website, CVs and the CRM;
- ensuring all bid content, including CVs, credentials and firm information, is updated regularly and accessible;
- ensuring filing of all past bids across the firm; and
- general copywriting.
Skills and experience
We would like to hear from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- minimum three years’ experience in running bids and tender processes, ideally in professional services;
- degree in Law, Marketing, Business or related qualification;
- excellent written and communication skills;
- strong attention to detail;
- ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with key firm stakeholders;
- strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines; and
- proactive and strong problem-solving abilities.
Hall & Wilcox is a leading independent Australian law firm. We are a firm of more than 1000 people, including over 130 partners, delivering outstanding legal services to corporate, public sector and private clients, both Australian-based and those offshore doing business in Australia. Our purpose is to enable our clients, our people and our communities to thrive.
Some of our recent awards and citations include:
- Law Firm of the Year at the 2022 and 2023 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards;
- Law Firm of the Year (101-500 Lawyers) and Diversity Initiative of the Year at the 2022 Australasian Law Awards;
- Ranked third in the Lawyers Weekly Top 25 Attraction Firms for 2022 and 2023;
- Employer of Choice Gender Equality citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for 2021, 2022 and 2023; and
- Best Law and Related Services Firm ($100m-$200m revenue) and Best Professional Services Firm ($100m-$200m revenue) at the 2023 Client Choice Awards.
We are known for having a great culture that is warm and welcoming, progressive, inclusive and supportive, and that is underpinned by our enduring values – known as Hallmarks.
We are also renowned for Smarter Law, which means we look beyond the status quo to think differently and find solutions that are better and faster.
At Hall & Wilcox, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from candidates of all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
For more information about Hall & Wilcox please visit our website.
How to apply
Please click apply to submit an application.
We are committed to being inclusive, and to supporting candidates with disability so that every candidate is offered a fair, equitable and supportive recruitment experience. If you require any support to complete your application, or if you have any questions, please contact Lauren Parrant, Senior People & Culture Advisor at [email protected]
This vacancy is being managed directly by the Hall & Wilcox Talent Acquisition / People & Culture team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require any assistance.