Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our STRIVE values, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
Our STRIVE Values connect us and define how we behave. Whitehaven Coal award, recognise and celebrate individuals and teams going above and beyond the requirements of their role to deliver excellent outcomes while demonstrating our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence.
About Daunia Mine:
Daunia is an established operation in the Bowen Basin, which has been producing high quality metallurgical coal for the export market since 2013. It is located south-east of Moranbah, adjacent to Whitehaven’s existing Winchester South development project. Daunia features state-of-the-art infrastructure and mining operations, including well-established autonomous equipment and infrastructure.
About the Role
Joining the Autonomous Mine Control team, you will be working in an exciting, fast-paced team environment which is dynamic and strives to continuously improve. Working in collaboration with site personnel you will be responsible for achieving safety and production targets, by enabling the effective operation of our Autonomous Fleet using the Command Minestar Fleet Management System.
Reporting to the Supervisor AHS Mine Control, you will safely execute the daily operations plan while optimising the utilisation of the Autonomous Truck Fleet. You will take an active role in ensuring compliance to virtual mine model, drive a strong safety culture, but also seeks to continuously improve operating efficiency and realise cost benefits.
Whitehaven supports the communities in which we operate and encourage our employees to live locally, and relocation assistance is provided.
We also offer:
- FIFO from Brisbane / Cairns on a 7on/7off roster
- Camp accommodation provided with full messing facilities
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the mine model by ensuring the virtual road network is consistently up to date and looking at ways to optimise AHT productivity
- Monitor and manage the dynamic dumping plans to ensure AHTs tip in an optimised way
- Survey, plan and validate the Autonomous Operating Zone (AoZ) to ensure any infrastructure or hazards have been protected with virtual zones
- Monitor and manage the AHTs and road conditions throughout operations and changing weather conditions
- Monitor and respond to AHTs stoppages
- Cultivate positive relationships through effective communication and consultation with leaders, team members and site
- Continuously improve through identifying system and operational process improvements in the use of the autonomous fleet management system
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to safety;
- Thorough understanding of FMS such as Minestar Command for hauling;
- CAT Command Autonomous Haulage System experience;
- Ability to work in high intensity environments, under pressure and manage competing priorities;
- High attention to detail and the ability to identify and execute improvements to continuously optimise operations;
- Previous production operating experience in load & haul environments, loading unit & dozer skills;
- High level of computer literacy and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to adhere and live the Whitehaven Values and contribute to a collaborative organisational culture;
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Current haul truck RII or similar verified competency;
- Ability to pass a QLD Coal Board Medical;
- S1/S2/S3 competency (desirable);
- Field Builder / Officer experience (desirable).
Why Whitehaven Coal
- FIFO/DIDO Opportunities
- 26 wks. Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive salary packages, with salary sacrificing options (local living & novated leases)
- Employee Discounts: groceries, petrol, fashion, entertainment plus more
- Career Development, Mentorship and Coaching
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We strive for an inclusive workplace that engages people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes diversity of gender, culture and experience.
Whitehaven Coal is working with the RSL Employment Program to support veterans and partners of current or former Defence members in finding meaningful and sustainable employment. If you would like assistance with your application, you can reach out to the program via the following link: https://www.rslqld.org/find-help/employment
Whitehaven Coal is an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
Reward. Opportunity. Recognition. Great Place to Work.