From our humble beginnings in 1935, Haymes Paint has grown to become Australia’s largest Australian made and owned manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Now in our third generation of family ownership, we haven’t slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation. Our values of Truth, Passion, Motivation, Respect plus Listening and Learning are reflected in everything we do.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager to join the Store network to assist in leading the team in our Phillip Store. As an Assistant Store Manager, you will work closely with the Store Manager to ensure the smooth day to day operations of the store, maximise sales opportunities through coaching and developing a team, maintaining store presentation and merchandising, and lead store safety.
- Assist with leading, coaching and developing a small team
- Provide high level of customer service, assisting customers with product selection and technical advice.
- Build strong relationships with new and existing customers
- Tint/prepare paint products to customer requirements
- Maintain stock control and management of inventory
- Act as escalation point for customer inquiries
- Process POS and end of day transactions
- Make local deliveries to trade customers as need using the company vehicle
- Assist with in-store displays, store presentation and merchandising
- Assist Sales team in growing trade, industrial and retail business
- Drive safety first approach in store
The successful applicant will have:
- Leadership skills complemented by an experience in coaching, developing and mentoring teams
- Previous experience working as a 2IC in a customer service role in retail/sales
- Strong people and customer engagement skills
- A genuine desire to deliver and be a leader for outstanding service
- Point of Sale (POS) system knowledge or appropriate tech-savvy
- Experience with stock handling and merchandising
- Effective time management and planning capability
- Resilience to handle work related pressures such as workload, pace or conflict
- Autonomy to either follow processes or make meaningful value-adding improvement
- An unrestricted driver’s licence and the capacity to perform manual tasks e.g. lifting of 15 litre cans of paint.
- 50% off retail price of Haymes Paint manufactured products, including friends and family discounts
- 6% Medibank Corporate discount
- 20% New Balance discount
- Ongoing training and support
- Access to a range of workplace health and wellbeing initiatives
- Professional development opportunities
Please apply by including a recent resume and responding to the selection questions. Applications will close when a suitable candidate is identified.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Applications will only be considered from candidates with the right to work in Australia. Haymes Paint do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Haymes Paint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.