Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 345,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organisation can generate.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Financial Advisory services, Risk Advisory, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions and Consulting. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
About Tax and Regulatory Services
Deloitte offers its clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally.
Our major service offerings include:
• Business Tax
• Transfer Pricing
• International Tax
• Global Employer Services
• Tax Management Consulting
• Indirect Tax
• Mergers and Acquisition Tax
We are seeking a suitably qualified high performing professional to join our regulatory team in our Tax and Regulatory Department. This role will be responsible for providing support in delivering clients’ projects/engagements, providing leadership to subordinates and providing support to project team members.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to collaborate with other Deloitte member Firms and work with several high-profile multinational organisations and further develop their leadership capabilities.
- Provide expert legal advice and counsel to clients, including businesses and individuals
- Conduct legal research on statutes, case laws, regulations, and other legal materials relevant to the work
- Advise on commercial agreements and business transactions
- Advise clients and assist them with complying with all applicable laws and regulations relating to business and commercial operations.
- Advise clients on business transactions such as corporate restructuring, debt and equity financing, company law, corporate governance, buy-outs, joint-ventures, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, etc.
- Analyse and assist clients to manage their corporate legal risks
- Assist clients to conduct legal due diligence on potential clients, suppliers, business partners etc.
- Draft and review agreements to meet applicable laws and regulations
- Work effectively with other team members to manage engagements with clients
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Work as part of a team in business development for corporate legal services
- Must have graduated from a recognized University in Ghana or overseas with a minimum of second class upper in Law, Business, Management, Economics, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Must have been admitted to the Bar (Qualifying Certificate in Law (QCL) or its equivalent)
- An LLM or other master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in similar consulting/advisory role.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Constructive and solutions focused approach to work
- Experience in advising clients on business transactions in areas of corporate restructuring, debt and equity financing, company law and other relevant legislative compliance, corporate governance, buy-outs, commercial contracts, joint-ventures, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, etc.
- Adept in understanding and application of Ghana’s investment laws such as the Companies Act, the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) Act, The Mining Act, The Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Act and their associated regulations.
- Strong relationship with key regulators such as the Office of the Registrar of Companies, GIPC, Minerals Commission and Petroleum Commission.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
|Job category :||
Advice, audit, accounting
Temporary work, recruitment
|Employment type :||
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :||
5 to 10 years
|Educational level :||