You are passionate about your residents. Here, you will be with like-minded colleagues who understand how important teamwork, open communication and a positive attitude are to both you and our residents.
We know you want to focus on relationships, not just tasks, so we will support you with a unique relationship-based care system and a priority on maintaining good staffing levels.
You also have a life and responsibilities outside of work though, and we will work with you to agree the shifts that suit you and remain flexible and open-minded about whatever might come up in the future.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, but more importantly, we are like one big family and treat each of our residents, families, and team members with the same levels of passion, care, and respect.
We are hoping you will join our fantastic Whiddon family at Bourke, in the Orana region, on a casual basis working across all shifts (morning, afternoon and night).
We are looking for candidates that hold a Cert III or IV in Individual Support, or equivalent (or who are willing to undertake these studies).
WHAT WE OFFER
Whiddon offer the opportunity for employees to make positive and meaningful impact on residents and clients in their roles. With our resident focused approach to care employees are provided with the opportunity to develop strong relationships and friendships.
In addition to the opportunity to genuinely make a difference in your role, Whiddon offer a competitive package with all the elements that you would expect and more:
- Salary Packaging options so you can keep more of your pay. Did you know that by salary packaging, you can increase your hourly rate by more than $2? (obtaining financial advice is recommended) This is how:
- Up to $611.53 per fortnight to pay your mortgage, rent, school fees, etc.
- Up to $101.92 per fortnight to pay entertainment activities like cafes, restaurants, etc.
- Leave entitlements so you can rest, recuperate and take care of your loved ones! (Permanent employees) – NSW ONLY
- 5 weeks Annual Leave (or the option to cash out Annual Leave)
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Up to 3 days paid community service leave each year
- Up to 4 days paid compassionate leave
- Work/life balance. Options to work morning, afternoon or night shifts
- Whiddon Scholarships so you can study and advance your career. You can get financial support to cover your studies
- Learning, learning, learning. Leadership courses for all levels of leaders, education resources and more!
- Get recognised for your great work! On the spot recognition, Every Day Heroes, Annual Awards night and more.
- Employee Referral Program. Earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work
- Employee Assistance Program for when you need extra support
- Locations across NSW and QLD. If you need to relocate or wish to transfer between our Homes
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume addressing the above criteria. To find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at Whiddon then visit our website https://www.whiddon.com.au/careers/
Please note all successful candidates are required to provide evidence of NDIS Workers Check.