Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Assistant to join our new Vickery Mine team as part of early mining activities.
Based at our new Vickery Mine site and reporting to the Manager – Operations, the Administration Assistant is accountable for providing high level administrative support to enable the smooth operation of the mine site.
What You’ll Do
- Provide consistent and proactive administrative support to stakeholders
- Process and reconcile all Whitehaven accounts and input for payment into Pulse
- Support the Operations Manager with administrative and clerical assistance
- Employee and contractor administration management
- File commercial correspondence / information accurately
- Daily and monthly administrative duties including data entry, register maintenance, filing and data for payroll
- Manage meeting rooms, order stationery, travel and catering and provide general admin assistance to the site
What You’ll Bring
- Have administration experience and ideally possess qualifications in Office Administration – Cert III or IV
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience in accounting principles (e.g. payroll, accounts payable and receivable)
- High attention to detail and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Experienced in the use of Pulse Software highly regarded
Why Whitehaven Coal?
- Full Relocation Packages
- 9 Day Fortnight Roster (5:2 | 4:3)
- 5 wks. Annual Leave | 15 days Personal Leave | 26 wks. Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive salary packages, with salary sacrificing options (local living & novated leases)
- Employee Referral Scheme – $4000 for Successful Referrals!
- Bonus Scheme + $1k Company Shares
- Employee Discounts: groceries, petrol, fashion, entertainment plus more
- Career Development, Mentorship and Coaching
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We are striving for an inclusive workplace that brings people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants of diversity of gender, culture and experience.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
Whitehaven Coal is an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer.
Reward. Opportunity. Recognition.