About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a law graduate to join our growing Workers Compensation team based in our Perth office.
This is a fantastic hands-on Insurance role, with significant learning, development and progression opportunities, and the opportunity to work with interesting clients, including some of Australia’s top insurers.
About our graduate program
Our graduate program is a priority for us because we recognise that today’s law graduates are tomorrow’s leaders of the firm. Over the years our graduate program has proven to be highly successful – many of our current partners completed their graduate year with us!
As a graduate you will be a part of a 12 month program which includes extensive on-the-job training and support. In particular, you will receive;
- a support network including a buddy, a mentor and supervising partner to provide guidance and support throughout your graduate year;
- regular learning opportunities through our Elevate program, designed to develop our graduates and provide them with the skills and expertise to excel;
- ongoing feedback, both formal and informal;
- a combination of on-the-job training and support in completing Practical Legal Training; and
- the opportunity to immerse yourself in our great culture and have fun!
Hall & Wilcox is a leading independent Australian law firm. We are a firm of around 1000 people, including over 120 partners, delivering outstanding legal services to corporate, public sector and private clients, both Australian-based and those offshore doing business in Australia. Our purpose is to enable our clients, our people and our communities to thrive.
Some of our recent awards and citations include:
- Law Firm of the Year at the 2022 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards
- Law Firm of the Year (101-500 Lawyers) and Diversity Initiative of the Year at the 2022 Australasian Law Awards
- Ranked third in the Lawyers Weekly Top 25 Attraction Firms for 2022-2023
- Employer of Choice Gender Equality citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for 2021, 2022 and 2023
Our graduate program was included as one of the Fast Movers in GradAustralia’s Top 100 Graduate Employers of 2023 and we were identified in the GradConnection Top100 category lists as one of the Most Popular Law Graduate Employers across Australia!
We are known for having a great culture that is warm and welcoming, progressive, inclusive and supportive, and that is underpinned by our enduring values – known as Hallmarks.
We are also renowned for Smarter Law, which means we look beyond the status quo to think differently and find solutions that are better and faster.
At Hall & Wilcox, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from candidates of all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
We are committed to being inclusive, and to supporting candidates with disability so that every candidate is offered a fair, equitable and supportive recruitment experience. If you require any support or workplace adjustment/s to complete your application, please contact us at [email protected]
Our recruitment process
We review applications in a different manner; candidate details such as name, address, gender and secondary school will remain anonymous to us while we review your application. We do this with the goal of eliminating any unconscious or hidden bias that may exist in our review of graduate applications.
How to apply
Click the apply button below, or contact Gilda Carter, Senior National Early Careers Advisor on (02) 8267 3845 with any queries relating to our graduate program.
Applications for our 2024 law graduate program close on Friday, 23 February 2024 at 5.00 pm AWST.
For more information about our graduate program please visit our website.